.:: .:.: :. You mean the world to God .: .:: :..

:.. He says He loves you more than anything & you mean the world to Him .:.:

.::. He'd do anything for you and He died on the cross to prove it :. .::


..:: When I was 6 years old, my sister told me a story about the lost sheep .::.

.: God had a hundred sheep in His flock ::.

.:.. At the end of the day, when He has brought them home, He would count them to make sure they were all there .::

.:.: One day, He found that there was only ninety-nine and it was already getting late .:

..: Nevertheless, He left the ninety-nine to look for that one which was lost .::.

..::. He searched until it was dark and finally, He heard its cries coming from the valley :..

.:.. He went towards it and found the little lamb wounded and hungry .::.

::. He moved away the rocks and carried it in His arms .:..

.: He embraced it as He said, " I will never give up until I find you. " ..:.: :..


.:: ..: ::. God has only one craving, one dream, one desire - that is you ..: ::.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Rejection can be your daily bread. If you're not secure in the call of God, you might not make it.

Mark 16:14

4 Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen.

Explanation:
It's not easy to believe when people share testimonies of how good You have been to them in their lives. Or sometimes I just have a hardened heart as if their God is not the same God as mine, as if You will work miracles in their lives and not mine. But we worship the same God- how can I not see that? How is it so hard for me to believe in You? If You can do great things in people's lives, You can in mine.

Today I read the magazine about those women of God who were used by You to do great things- Cindy Jacobs, Barbara Wentroble, Barbara Yoder, Naomi Dowdy, Pat Francis and so many more.. just mentioning their names makes me kind of shiver.. How is it that their God is the same as mine? It's as if You are with them and not with me all of a sudden.. I think whatever faith I had before reading that proved to be nothing actually.. I can never imagine You working in my life in the same way You worked in theirs.

Or it's as if we had the same God but they were just extraordinary or something.. but then again I remember that it's not about us but it's about You. You like to choose people who are normal.. ordinary.. housewives... nobodies. Haha.. then again, I think that I am not 'nobody' enough to be used by You. Hahah.. not 'nobody' enough to be somebody. :P

Application:
So I guess I have to get rid of this unbelief and hardness of heart mentality.. I remember receive prophecy from Jim Hodges that You will use me in spiritual government and non-spiritual government... but even that is hard to believe, let alone the second one.. I want to vomit blood already.. summore he said, 'especially in the spiritual government'.. it's like.. what the.. I felt like asking him, 'Eh.. hear properly la.. don't simply say say..'.. but what he said is what he said.. then again I felt like telling myself, 'Hush, Anna.. it's just a small little part of a normal prophecy- why take it so seriously? Just forget about it la.. maybe he didn't mean it..' Aaah.. fighting within myself.. no idea what that guy is saying.. or maybe trying to avoid it.. trying to avoid being proud at the same time trying to avoid being disappointed and rejected. But then again, as I read the magazine, it talked a lot about rejections. Cindy Jacob actually said, "Rejection can be your daily bread. If you're not secure in the call of God, you might not make it." Now, come to think of it, my devotion only 2 days ago said something similar to 'secure in the call of God'. It said, '...make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble'. Isn't it the same thing? -'if you're not secure in the call of God, you might not make it.' It's the same thing! Wow.. talk about God speaking.. I guess I have to be sure.. not just about building the school, but my calling to serve in church! Amen and Praise the Lord! So I have more than one calling..
---

26 August 2007
2 Peter 1:10

10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble;

Explanation:
The things that were mentioned were faith, virtue, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness and love. (vs.5-7)

5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.

If I did them, I will never stumble. That is why I have to make sure that my call and election is correct. I am sometimes confused about what I must do because I hear things in CNN news and all telling me other things. They said that we have to compromise. But I must be sure of my calling. I have to be strong. I cannot give in to it. I cannot compromise. I am going to kick the devil out whether he likes it or not because even if I want to compromise with him, he is not going to compromise with me. I'm going to take him by the tail. I am going to be diligent to make my call and election sure. The devil is very cunning- he tries to put words into the CNN to make me think to make peace with him, but who cares? He is the devil anyway! Am I going to listen to him? No! I cannot! I will not compromise- I am sure of my calling and my election!





* tRUST & OBey the LORD *

2 comments:

  1. goodness, anna, you actually blog your devotions...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. not all.. depends which devotion. Like the personal ones.. nope! I only blog the ones that don't look that personal...

    ReplyDelete