.:: .:.: :. You mean the world to God .: .:: :..

:.. He says He loves you more than anything & you mean the world to Him .:.:

.::. He'd do anything for you and He died on the cross to prove it :. .::


..:: When I was 6 years old, my sister told me a story about the lost sheep .::.

.: God had a hundred sheep in His flock ::.

.:.. At the end of the day, when He has brought them home, He would count them to make sure they were all there .::

.:.: One day, He found that there was only ninety-nine and it was already getting late .:

..: Nevertheless, He left the ninety-nine to look for that one which was lost .::.

..::. He searched until it was dark and finally, He heard its cries coming from the valley :..

.:.. He went towards it and found the little lamb wounded and hungry .::.

::. He moved away the rocks and carried it in His arms .:..

.: He embraced it as He said, " I will never give up until I find you. " ..:.: :..


.:: ..: ::. God has only one craving, one dream, one desire - that is you ..: ::.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The PARENTS are in the HOWSE

Guess what?!

My parents came to college today to have lunch at CAFE 87. Wanna know where is that? It's in my college. Well, of course, I invited them, if not who knows these restaurants actually exist, right? Well, for those of you who dont know about my college, there are 3 restaurants, excluding the cafeteria.. they are Cafe '87, Connexions and Windows of Damansara.

Cafe '87 is the early bird located on the ground floor together with Connexions and the Cafeteria. Why do I call it the early bird is because its the first one open in the morning to catch everyone who is waiting for the elevator to go to their classes.. They normally send people to approach us, asking something like.. "Excuse me, would you like to have a look at our menu for today.. blah blah," passing us a bookmark size menu to keep. Normally, we would just smile and take it, then rush off to class and try to read the imprints. Sometimes the menu would be printed on a red, orange, yellow, green or white piece of paper with black ink. Today, it happened to be not only white, but belonging to one of the past week's one. I knew that because they had cancelled the former date with a pen and put todays date on it. In other words, today's wasn't as impressive as the previous days one. Usually, I would start thinking of my sis and mum, wondering if one day they would want to come here to have a bite because the prices were so reasonable.

So today, I had the opportunity to do just that. I smsed my mum and invited my parents over. So the appointment was made and we went from Windows of Damansara to Connexions to Cafe '87. How did that happen? Well, my mum came and informed me she had to leave by 12.30pm. At that time, it was already 11. We were walking towards Cafe '87 when i saw the look on my mums face that she was not at all impressed with its surrounding.. the crowd, the heat and the noise. So, that made me resort to the idea of taking them upstairs to the more reserved WoD. When i told my mum there was another restaurant with a better ambience, she was like.. "Better ambience? Where??"

Okay,. let me tell you abit about Wod.. at first, i never knew it existed. Until one day, my friend Andrew from kdu took me upstairs and said on the way up, "Do you know there is a restaurant upstairs?" And i was like.. "what?" and he said,.."yes, come let me show you" And that was it.. we went upstairs and i saw two body guards waiting there asking us with a coat and tie and all, "Do you have any reservations for today?" I was like,.. man this IS freaky.. At that point of time, i felt like i was standing in front of the gates of hell.. you know, those creepy yellow dim lights on either side of the door and all.. man.. scary people. Anyway, we just ran off like two frightened pariahs with skin desease being chased by a mad man.. (just kidding). Anyway, Andrew informed me that the food in WOD is just the same as Connexions because they are the same cook and all.. its JUST THE AMBIENCE. And the food is about the same price too.. because its JUST THE AMBIENCE!

So i took my parents upstairs using the lift. When we reached, i was like.. "Oops.. I think they're closed.." So i walked up the stairs and saw a meeting of chefs and waitresses inside. So i knocked on the door and called one out. A beautiful waitress came.. with her companion.. another beautiful waitress, and they attended to my needs..

" Yes, may I help you?"

so i said "what time do you open?"

"we open at 12, would you like to make a reservation?"

"yes, erm. arh.. " turning my head towards my parents, "mum? they open at 12."

my mum said, "no no no.. i cant afford to be late. Can you open now?"

the waitress was like.. "no, im sorry,.. you have to wait till 12"

so my mum said "ok then, lets go somewhere else.."

so thats it! they just lost their customer for today.. we went down the lift again. Saw that lively CF member in the lift AgaIn.. i said "hi" then she just replied. whats her name?.. argh. forgot. then my mum was like.. "Is this the same girl who came up with us in the lift just now?" and i was like "Yup.." you got that right.. so then we went to connexions and they too were not open, but i didnt wanna ask them with my parents there all embarrased, so i asked them to wait near cafe 87 and Ill ask connexions for them.

Connexions turn for me to introduce to you all.. Connexions has this glass wall that shows the world whatever is going on in there. I havent been to connexions before, but it certainly looks inviting although i dont feel like i want to be someone who sits in there so that everyone can see me eat my food. (dont think i have the appetite for that now, do i?), nevertheless, it is really lighted up. Always reminds me of my sis, Debbie who is always lighted up and very inviting, all her ways and doings are exposed to the world to see. But still so bright.. How do i explain? All i can say is,.. she's just like what Connexions look like. Pretty, inviting and bright.

So then we moved on to our last resort.. de ole' Cafe 87. We went in and took a sit beside the wall, and there we had our lunch. Dad ordered spagetti with meat balls.. well this wasnt the beef balls they use to have which was extremely salty.. he said this one was chicken.. Mum ordered steak which was just another 50c more, and she said wasnt really good quality because it wasnt really fresh.. then i ordered lasagna although i didnt want to eat anything because i had a heavy breakfast.

In the end, we were served plastic spoons which the waiter had to change for us for fear we broke them.. and soup was served in a CUP and the creamer and sugar was not only placed OUTSIDE the cafe, but not in packet form but liquid form. Despite all their weaknesses, the waiter was good.. he attended to all of our needs and he paid for us so that my parents didnt have to go to the counter and he went out of the cafe to put some cream into our coffee. The food and coffee was good, though. It was just the inconvenience and the way the stuffz were served.. Oh, and my salad came out like.. a small soury.. nvm, but lasagna and chips were okay.

I didnt manage to finish everything, so we tapaued the rest of the lasagna, mum finished my chips for me, and helped me with abit of the salad and dad ordered one more spegetti and lasagna for the kids at home and Jie Debbie..

Then, it wasnt enough.. he had to go to The Cafeteria to order chap fan for Caleb.. which i still dont get.. and then i walked them to the car,.. so thats about what happened today.. well of course, how could i forget the part when my mum said to me, "no one brought us here before.." because my Jie Ebbie and Kor Elijah used to be in this college too... well, maybe it was because the food was like really bad and all...

ooops .. class in the lab.. gtg

* tRUST & OBey the LORD *

No comments:

Post a Comment