.:: .:.: :. You mean the world to God .: .:: :..

:.. He says He loves you more than anything & you mean the world to Him .:.:

.::. He'd do anything for you and He died on the cross to prove it :. .::


..:: When I was 6 years old, my sister told me a story about the lost sheep .::.

.: God had a hundred sheep in His flock ::.

.:.. At the end of the day, when He has brought them home, He would count them to make sure they were all there .::

.:.: One day, He found that there was only ninety-nine and it was already getting late .:

..: Nevertheless, He left the ninety-nine to look for that one which was lost .::.

..::. He searched until it was dark and finally, He heard its cries coming from the valley :..

.:.. He went towards it and found the little lamb wounded and hungry .::.

::. He moved away the rocks and carried it in His arms .:..

.: He embraced it as He said, " I will never give up until I find you. " ..:.: :..


.:: ..: ::. God has only one craving, one dream, one desire - that is you ..: ::.

Saturday, April 09, 2005

"Most embarrasing day of my life.." and "i walked to the bus stop just to help a boy scoup his turtle and went home"

Yesterday was the most embarrassing day of my life.. my management teacher, Mr Rose, was teaching about Motivation. At that point of time in the chapter, he was specifically talking about money as the main motivation.. and so he asked one of our classmates, whose name was Johan(John in Malay) and said, "If i were to give you $5,000 US to go to Acheh, where the tsunami just hit and is predicted to be the next location and most likely to be hit again, would you accept the offer?"

of course, he didnt want it.. so Mr Rose went on explaining that if it is putting your life in danger, money is not everything after all. Then he asked another person a very similar question...

"would you accept the offer of $6,000 US to go to a place where there are alot of booby traps?" and he also declined..

so here comes the tragic part,.. then he asked me, "Anna, the innocent girl there, would you accept an offer to be a Non-Government Organisation representitive(NGO) if i gave you $10,000 US to Iraq?"

well, at that time, all my friends were looking at me and i was trying hard not to blush,.. there was like 70-80 people in my class, okay? so i wasn't really listening to him.. all i heard was.. "would you accept,.. Non-government Organization.. Iraq" so i thought he meant terrorist.. so i said yes and smiled...

Mr Rose continued.. "No, right?" then he saw me nodding with excitement and said "OH!... she wants! Anna says yes! Anna, you are a VERY metirialistic person!!"

and all i could say was.. "mwahhahaha..."

man.. and i was wondering why not much laughed..


well, do you know what he meant by NGO?.. as Mr Rose used to say,.. "If you want to know, have a cup of tea with me and i will explain it to you.."

(fortunately enough for me,.. 75% of the class didnt know either..)




Just now i was supposed to go to the AYA thingy in Summit.. was wathing tv until i was late, then i had my bath until i was extra late and waited for the bus until there was no hope left. haha.. so i didnt make it. but as i reached the bus stop which was in front of someone's house, there was this newspaper covering some small dead animal on the road and a boy with a scraper and plastic bag heading towards it. At first i thought it was a cat or bird, as a car tried to avoid it, and the boy kindly stood up and gave way to the car to cross.. so as i approached him, I asked..

"What happened?" he looks like a malay boy, but it didnt matter.. so he looked up to me and answered,..

"Huh?" so i asked again..

"What happened?", then sadly, he replied..

"My turtle.."..he sounded kind of sad..

i thought to myself.. thats kinda big to be called a turtle

so the wind blew and the Carrefour plastic bag he carried started to be blown away, before i could go to the other side of him and catch it, he already got it, but i went over and held it for him..

so i asked, "How old is it?"

and he replied, "3-4 years already"

i felt even more for him then..

as he scooped up the broken body into the plastic bag, he said "omg.." because the sight of the shattered shell and all was totally awful, after all, it was a big turtle, almost a foot long and it has been his friend for a many 3-4 years now.. I really hoped I could do something for him at that time.. so he said thanks as i waited for him to put down the scraper and tools and passed the body now in the plastic bag to him..he tied the plastic bag, put it down, then went into the front of the house to take a small cangkul, pick up the platic bag again and headed towards the monsoon drain..

I thought to myself.. now, he is going to bury it. should i follow him or.. so i just waited to see where he was going.. if he goes a long way then he probably doesnt want me to follow, but if it was a short distance, like across the road then i can afford to follow.. so i watched, and he crossed the drain and stopped at the slope going upwards to the other side and started digging.. i really wondered why he chose that spot, though.. but i didnt follow, because i wasnt sure if i would make it across the monsoon drain and whether my shoes was able to support me, so i left him and waited at the next house for the bus,.. he finished the burial, and the bus never came. Then, he went into the house. I never got to talk to him again, but at least i know i came to the bus stop for a reason although i had to go home now. I came to help someone with a broken heart to scoup his turtle from the road into a cold plastic bag..

* tRUST & OBey the LORD *

No comments:

Post a Comment