.:: .:.: :. You mean the world to God .: .:: :..

:.. He says He loves you more than anything & you mean the world to Him .:.:

.::. He'd do anything for you and He died on the cross to prove it :. .::


..:: When I was 6 years old, my sister told me a story about the lost sheep .::.

.: God had a hundred sheep in His flock ::.

.:.. At the end of the day, when He has brought them home, He would count them to make sure they were all there .::

.:.: One day, He found that there was only ninety-nine and it was already getting late .:

..: Nevertheless, He left the ninety-nine to look for that one which was lost .::.

..::. He searched until it was dark and finally, He heard its cries coming from the valley :..

.:.. He went towards it and found the little lamb wounded and hungry .::.

::. He moved away the rocks and carried it in His arms .:..

.: He embraced it as He said, " I will never give up until I find you. " ..:.: :..


.:: ..: ::. God has only one craving, one dream, one desire - that is you ..: ::.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Surfs Up and the Big Z

I loveeeee Surfs Up~!!!!! If you want to know how much I admire Joram, watch this show. He is like Big Z to me. I can really identify with Cody and Sheila.

I remember that time Cody said, "I already lost one dad, I'm not going to lose another one." That part was quite deep. But it's strange, though.. he did have a father, didn't he?

I so love the camera angles and the concept of interviewing them.. and then the part where Sheila threw the stone at the camera.. haha.. that was SO cool~! It really hit the hammer on the nail there..

Oh, oh,.. and I so like the chicken- Joe.. he is like.. everything also, "Dude, dude.." haha... I love him,... he is so cool and all that.

You know that part when Cody was sent to Big Z for healing? You know, Cody stepped on something poky and poisonous and Big Z had to piss on it? Yeah, it reminds me a lot of the story Joram used to tell us about how he stepped on the poisonous jelly fish and how he called to his friends for help and they thought he was joking, then he lifted up his leg and they saw that the jelly fish was real and they all came and peed on it.. ewww. yeah, I know.. it's disgusting. It's something to do with alkaline and stuff.. like the pee is actually alkaline and the poison is acidic and they have to neutralize it.

Oh, and you know the beach on the other side? Yeah, that's so like the beach Aaron brought me to in Kuantan. It looks just like that and about that size. And only two of us were on that beach.. sitting on the log. And then in the show there is a log too.. And I really admire Big Z, the way he taught Cody to make the board and surf and all.. it's so Joram. It's like Joram teaching us how to have a relationship with God or worshipping. It's like we have to stop using our brain and learn to use our heart. It's all about having fun with God.

Oh, and you know that part where Sheila tells Cody in the shower that she was jealous of him? Yeah, I know how that feels, alright.. sometimes I get so jealous of Aaron because he gets to spend so much time with Joram. Joram like to go to his house and spends time with him.. Sigh.. I wish I was Aaron then, you know? The two of them are like inseparable, just like Cody and Big Z in the show, and I feel like Sheila sometimes. I wish that I was a guy.. maybe if I was a guy I would be able to spend more time with Big Z. I don't treat Joram like my uncle, but maybe I just treat him like my father or mentor.

Haha.. and you know that part where Big Z falls asleep and its like so hard to wake him up?? It's just like that with Joram,.. Hhaha.. and the part where Cody threw the pineapple and said, "Hey, Big Z, its breakfast time~!" and throws it at Big Z, and Big Z catches it.. hehe.. he's all about food too. It's like.. nothing can wake him up but food.

Oh, oh.. and the part where Cody made the board for the first time, and Big Z came and saw him doing a really bad job at it, and Big Z was holding a pineapple. And then Big Z looks at the camera with that naughty look, raising an eyebrow and signaling to the Camera.. haha.. that's so Joram- so so Joram.

I can't believe how they made a show that had a character that is so like Joram.. did the director like.. meet Joram before or something? And then Big Z asks Cody to put on those biscuits on his eyes.. hahahhaahhaha.. and said, "You want to look like Big Z, right?" ahahahhaha.. I love that part.. and Cody don't know what Big Z was up to.. so when he put the biscuits on, he looked just like Big Z, because Big Z has those two yellow circles on his eyes..hehe..

Oh, and you know that part where Big Z draws an 'X' on the beach and Cody lands exactly there? It's like Joram- he knows us more than we know ourselves sometimes. It's his prophetic gift that he can see right through us. In a way, he is just like my mum. I feel like I cannot hide anything from him, he can see it all- God will reveal it to him.

And I like that part in the ending where Cody was in the dangerous spiky place and Big Z was there to save him. It's like when you thought that Joram is never going to help you anymore because he says that he is in a new season, and then when you are in deep shit, Joram is always there for you and once again, he proves that his prophetic discernment is still as sharp as ever, and he draws an invisible 'X' and his 'X' never goes wrong.

Talking about 'X's, there was one part where Cody was getting the hang of it- after throwing the pineapple at Big Z who just woke up, Cody drew an 'X' and counted. By then, Cody learned so much from Big Z. It reminds me of myself, after spending time with Joram, I really learned a lot. Spending 10 minutes with him can teach me stuff that lasts me a lifetime. The stuff that he teaches me will get right into my bone, if you know what I mean- it gets right in.

I remember the time after Big Z landed on the 'X' Cody made for him, Big Z asked him, "So are you having fun?" and Cody says "Yes!" then Big Z says, "Good! Now let's start surfing." It's like what Joram always wanted to teach us.. loving God is the most important part in life. It is what life is all about.

And I like the part where after surfing the whole day, the three of them- Big Z, Cody and Sheila was lying down on their surf boards, just relaxing after everything, and Big Z says, "This is what life is all about." It's really soaking in the presence of God that is so peaceful and it's all you ever want to be. It reminds me of Xiying, and how much she loved soaking- she learned it from Joram too I guess.. not just Xiying but all the cf members, but especially Xiying- you should see her laptop, 'soaking this, soaking that..' man, she has a whole folder on soaking..

And then you know that part where they go into the tunnel? The wave is so big that it creates a tunnel, and I remember Big Z saying that it is like it's an experience you will never forget. It's like experiencing God. When your relationship with God is so intimate- it's something you will never want to forget- the intimacy, the closeness with God, when God is so real, you can touch Him.

And then Sheila teaches the kids how to surf- everything she learned was from Big Z. And I feel like Sheila many times, because now I teach my friends who spend time with me, and they are mostly young Christians or the older kids I teach in Sunday School, and I try to teach them what Joram teaches me- about God's love, what life is all about- having a relationship with God, intimacy with God- all that. And sometimes I think I utterly fail. Why do they keep drowning? Are they going to learn ANYTHING? Why is it so hard for them to get it?

And you know that part, that during the competition, Big Z was actually watching from behind? Yeah, sometimes I feel like that too.. Joram always says that he is not going to be there for me anymore, but he still cares somewhere from behind those bushes, making sure I don't kill myself through the things I go through in life.. all those boyfriends and all.

And the last part I liked was when everyone thought that Cody died and the beaver guy took Cody's surf board and started to auction it, and Big Z came from behind and took it, and the Beaver saw Big Z, it's just like when Joram comes back from Australia. It's like.. he's back?? No warning wan..

And then the part where Big Z didn't want to surf anymore.. and after the barbecue, he says, "you can go ahead if you want, but it's not for me anymore, those days are over." and then Sheila looks at Cody with that one-kind look. Big Z reminds me a lot of Joram when he didn't want to talk with us about spiritual things anymore.. he will say like, "My time is up, now I am moving into a new season where I just have to be alone by myself and God." It's a pity Big Z changed and Joram didn't. I guess that's why it's called a show- it's not real. But I know Joram's reasoning is true- maybe it IS a new season for him. It's a rather long season, though. And I think the old season will just remain as a show,.. The old season will never come back.

Oh, and you know what? Big Z plays the guitar too~! And he sings crappy songs,- just like Joram.. hehehee... and I love listening to his songs and his playing. But most of the time its Aaron who plays the guitar when they sing crappy songs. I like to listen to Joram's playing when it's not crappy songs.. It's so refreshing... I don't know how to say it.. I wish it would never end. I like Aaron's playing too.. he can really worship.. I tell you, his 'Magnificent' is the most original- you can never find it elsewhere- even Hillsongs can't beat him. I feel like asking him to sing one more time and record it.. so that it can last forever. What Xiying said of Aaron's playing is true.. he really connects with God and he sings with his whole heart like no one else in the room is around. When I hear him worship, I am just speechless. Aaron's playing and Joram's playing is totally different. Aaron is good at worshiping and Joram is good at ministering. Together, they make a great team.

And the pineapple in the show is more like erm,.. Seafood Spaghetti with Cabonara in real life or Roti Hawaii.. haha..

I feel like if I was Cody in the show, I would have felt like this island is where I belonged, and that this is the place I was meant to be in..

I like that part when Cody lost, and Big Z was with him and they were going back to land and Cody said, "I lost." and Big Z was like "So did I,.. c'mon loser, let's go home." That was so funny and really eye opening too.. It's true, its not about the winning, its about the surfing. At the end of the day, it's not about how many miracles happen or how many people were slain or how many people cried or how many churches you planted or how much you sacrificed for the ministry or how much time you spent in church- it's about how much you love God. In the end, this is the only thing that matters. In the throne room, most of the people sitting on the right hand of God are housewives, not pastors. Some pastors even go to hell. The most important thing in life is loving God.

Anyway, I'm SO going to get the dvd. This is my favourite show of all time~! =)

P/S: Joram is my Big Z~!


* tRUST & OBey the LORD *

1 comment:

  1. hehe...nice nice..Thx God we watch this show..i am so going to download it =p lol,, joram joram...

    ReplyDelete