.:: .:.: :. You mean the world to God .: .:: :..

:.. He says He loves you more than anything & you mean the world to Him .:.:

.::. He'd do anything for you and He died on the cross to prove it :. .::


..:: When I was 6 years old, my sister told me a story about the lost sheep .::.

.: God had a hundred sheep in His flock ::.

.:.. At the end of the day, when He has brought them home, He would count them to make sure they were all there .::

.:.: One day, He found that there was only ninety-nine and it was already getting late .:

..: Nevertheless, He left the ninety-nine to look for that one which was lost .::.

..::. He searched until it was dark and finally, He heard its cries coming from the valley :..

.:.. He went towards it and found the little lamb wounded and hungry .::.

::. He moved away the rocks and carried it in His arms .:..

.: He embraced it as He said, " I will never give up until I find you. " ..:.: :..


.:: ..: ::. God has only one craving, one dream, one desire - that is you ..: ::.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Studying in Australia, Brisbane

My dad is not going to support me anymore.

I never knew what it felt like when my friends tell me that. Now, I am going through something I thought I would never have to do - support myself. Isn't it impossible? I haven't even graduated yet and I want to support myself with a masters. Yes, I know. It's idiotic.

Somehow I feel called to go. Somewhere in me tells me that I shouldn't worry- that God will provide. I will just apply for it and go by faith. All my life my dad has said to me, "Go study whatever you want to study. I will pay for it. If you want to go overseas, just tell me, I will pay for it. Do whatever you want, as long as you are happy. I will pay for it." Yes, my life was that easy. I bet you guys envy me already. But all that has ended today in a session of stress. 'What?' I was thinking. 'You're not going to support my studies?' I was stressed. I thought everything was going perfectly - it was too good to be true. Now I see the catch.

He had to support Elijah to study as well, and as Elijah will be going to Harvard, it seems more important to my dad to support Elijah more than any other child. I don't blame him, I would have done the same.. duh.

Anyway, I told him that whatever it is, I felt that God called me to go. (Yes, I know, I sounded really stuck up..) And I told him that if God wanted me to go, He will make me accepted into UQ, because it is such a hard uni to be accepted in. And if it is NOT God's will for me to go then I won't be accepted. Isn't it all that simple? After all, God did tell me many times that He will provide everything for me. He is my provider. And I felt deep within my spirit that He said that I needed to complete my studies as soon as possible and that I was running out of time. I know it, I can feel it. I have to go to UQ next year. And the earlier the better. I have to complete my studies as soon as possible and I don't have any time to waste. God said that He will provide for me and my family.

In the end, I told my dad that I will support myself. I will have to go to work and all. Living expenses, if the currency rate was 2.7, would cost me approximately RM40-45k a year - 85k for 2 years. Tuition fees would be approximately RM89,000. So altogether, it would cost like RM174k. So tomorrow I am going to pray and look up at the sky. A blank cheque will soon fall down. =P

I am so sure I have to go. And I am so sure that God will provide. Call it stuck up, call it faith, call it foolish. If God wills, I am going.


* tRUST & OBey the LORD *

No comments:

Post a Comment