.:: .:.: :. You mean the world to God .: .:: :..

:.. He says He loves you more than anything & you mean the world to Him .:.:

.::. He'd do anything for you and He died on the cross to prove it :. .::


..:: When I was 6 years old, my sister told me a story about the lost sheep .::.

.: God had a hundred sheep in His flock ::.

.:.. At the end of the day, when He has brought them home, He would count them to make sure they were all there .::

.:.: One day, He found that there was only ninety-nine and it was already getting late .:

..: Nevertheless, He left the ninety-nine to look for that one which was lost .::.

..::. He searched until it was dark and finally, He heard its cries coming from the valley :..

.:.. He went towards it and found the little lamb wounded and hungry .::.

::. He moved away the rocks and carried it in His arms .:..

.: He embraced it as He said, " I will never give up until I find you. " ..:.: :..


.:: ..: ::. God has only one craving, one dream, one desire - that is you ..: ::.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

why I'm still a Malaysian

This is who I am, and this is what I do.
Many people wonder why I came back and don't plan to get a PR in Australia anymore. Australia has so many benefits and privileges - shorter working hours, better pay, good weather, higher quality of life, and the list goes on.

Well, this is why I'm still a Malaysian, and will be for a long time:


because Malaysia needs my help

I feel like my country needs my help. This is why I came back – because this is a third world country. I see Australians leaving Australia to help third world countries which they have no relations with, whom they don’t owe anything to, and here I am, going to Australia, leaving behind my country who needs my help, where I grew up and am familiar with, which I call my homecountry.

I went there because Australia could do a lot for me both financially and educationally, but why haven’t I thought about what I can do for my country instead? Malaysia needs my help. Really needs it.

When I went to Australia, I thought like.. "who cares about this darn country? Why should I give anything back to a country who doesn’t even appreciate its Chinese citizens like me? Why should I bother about a country who doesn’t bother about me?" When one of my friends asked me, "if everyone leaves this country, then who will stay to hold the fort?" I just replied, "Who cares about holding the fort?"

But I can change all that. I can change Malaysia. I can make a difference. This country doesn’t have to be a racist country. This country doesn’t have to treat its citizens unfairly. This country could be a great country to live in, but with my help.


because i saw the need

Those who don’t see the need are not obligated to help, but those who can see the need. And I can see it clearly. For me, I see it in many places, but what hits me in my heart is the education system. I saw the need when I was in it and I still see the need when I am already out of it.


because I can be an encouragement

Okay, let’s say I saw the need but didn’t have much to contribute. It doesn’t matter. I could be an encouragement to someone who DOES have something to contribute, who just needs a little encouragement.

I have to admit that making this decision was hard. Nevertheless, when I saw those who had the opportunity like me, to migrate but chose not to because they wanted to 'hold the fort', it was really an encouragement. And every now and then, it is as if I hear them say, "Malaysia has hope. Let's make a difference"

because I'm confident that I could make a difference

But I know that I can make a difference. It is that mindset that makes me think that I am not good enough, let someone else do it. But all the good people have already left. I have what I have and I am here. And I'm going to make full use of it.

Secondly, if I don’t have confidence in myself, I wouldn’t have the motivation that I need to carry it out even if my heart was set on it. I need to be confident that I have something to give. If not, I wouldn't even bother trying.

because there is Someone who could do it alone but chose not to

Helping this country is helping God. It is helping God make this country into the country He want it to be. He can do it alone, and He actually doesn't need my help. But God choose to work with me because that’s the way He prefers to do things. Life is all about having a relationship with God and He wants to do this but He wants us to do it together with him.

I'm sure all of you who have girlfriends would understand this - they want to go out, but they want you to come along because it is all about spending time with you. What's the point of going out alone? No, God doesn't want to do it alone. If God wanted to do everything alone, then what are humans created for? What is this relationship for? We were created so that God wouldn't have to spend eternity alone but with us. We were created so that God won't be lonely. So we must stop neglecting Him - it's making Him really lonely.

because I want to do something that was in God’s heart to do and according to ‘God's plan’

God has a plan – a blueprint for this country. God has something that is in His heart for this country, and I need to find out what it is and carry it out. I talk and sing so much about "doing God's will" but here's where I have to make it real.


because I've realized who I am and I've learned to take up responsibility in the country

I need to know who I am. I am a Malaysian and this is what I do - I need to take up responsibility in this country. I've had enough of denying who I am for who I could become if I took that PR. Enough for the past 1 year.

because this is my country and this is where I belong

This is my country. This is where I belong. I don’t belong anywhere else and that's a fact.




* tRUST & OBey the LORD *

No comments:

Post a Comment