.:: .:.: :. You mean the world to God .: .:: :..

:.. He says He loves you more than anything & you mean the world to Him .:.:

.::. He'd do anything for you and He died on the cross to prove it :. .::


..:: When I was 6 years old, my sister told me a story about the lost sheep .::.

.: God had a hundred sheep in His flock ::.

.:.. At the end of the day, when He has brought them home, He would count them to make sure they were all there .::

.:.: One day, He found that there was only ninety-nine and it was already getting late .:

..: Nevertheless, He left the ninety-nine to look for that one which was lost .::.

..::. He searched until it was dark and finally, He heard its cries coming from the valley :..

.:.. He went towards it and found the little lamb wounded and hungry .::.

::. He moved away the rocks and carried it in His arms .:..

.: He embraced it as He said, " I will never give up until I find you. " ..:.: :..


.:: ..: ::. God has only one craving, one dream, one desire - that is you ..: ::.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Read slowly...

17 November 2007
John 4:10
FV3

10 Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”

I like this verse because all I need to do is to ask You, and You will give me living water. Nothing else can quench my thirst and can satisfy my desires but You alone. And when I ask, You will give- that is Your promise to me. I need it badly- I need Your living water because I am thirsty, just like this Samaritan woman. I can identify with her- I feel for her. She has had five husbands. If I was her, I wouldn't know what to do with my life anymore. She didn't have five boyfriends- but five husbands. How bad is that? I thought I was bad..

You knew she was coming- that's why You sat at that well and asked her for a drink. You knew her desires. You knew she wanted something so bad. She really needed You, Lord. She was looking for something that man couldn't give her. She's tried so many until she just decided to give up on marrying them altogether. What is it she is looking for, God? I feel so much like her right now.. I've had three boyfriends, and the one I am with right now is not even my boyfriend. What is it I am looking for, Lord? Please tell me.

Whatever it is, I just pray that You give it to me- because what this world has to offer, can never quench this thirst of mine- be it boyfriends or husbands, they cannot quench it- only You can. I don't want to spend my entire life like this woman- lost, looking for something she can never find because she is looking at the wrong place. I know where to find You- You're right here.

Lord, I give up- I lay my cards down. Whatever it is I'm looking for, just give it to me. I am asking You right now, Lord. I give up trying to find my own way. I admit that I can never find it my way. I give up. My way is just wrong. It's just not the way. It's not going to get me anywhere. Whatever it is I'm looking for- just give it to me! You promised You'll give it to me- You said it in this verse, and You never break Your promise. So give it to me.. I don't even know what I'm asking for.. but You know. You call it living water- so give me this living water. I know living water is just a metaphor, because she happened to be drawing from a well. So, I don't know what it is called. But it doesn't matter- I want it.

Wait- I know what she was looking for- You are that living water, aren't You? She asked, "Sir, give me that living water." And You never break Your promise- so that means that You did give it to her. And the point where she left her waterpot was just after she asked You for the Messiah, and You said that it was You, then she left. That means, she was actually looking for the Messiah- You, and she found You, and she was overjoyed!

I'm looking for You, Lord.. I want You, and I'm asking for You. So please, come into my life, and be with me. I need You, desperately.

Mental Picture:
This little girl was asking her dad a question, and she had big eyes and looked so cute and innocent. She seriously wanted to know and she asked him gently and sweetly as she looked up to him with her tilted head. She was holding his little finger, strolling round the park with him. He wore this white shirt and black pants, like he was on his lunch break, but took time off to see her, just taking an aimless walk around the park, spending time with her- doing nothing. I was so touched by her dad- he was a busy man, but somehow, she seemed more important to him. I just don't understand why he took time off to answer simple questions, which seemed to bewilder her. Simple questions about common things that happen daily, which no one bothered about. And he answered her, as detailed and as slowly as he could, so that she understood. He spoke softly and gently back to her, as though it was an important question and he wanted to make sure she caught everything he said and treasured every sentence.

Application:
I want a dad like that- a dad that i can just hold his little finger and walk around the park aimlessly. A dad who thinks I am the most important person in the world- more important than his work. The little girl was probably asking, among all the other questions- why he actually took time off to see her that day. And his answer was probably spoken to her gently, softly, slowly and as detailed as he could, so that she understood every single sentence.

I'm asking You.


* tRUST & OBey the LORD *

2 comments:

  1. Tears were pouring out from my eyes when i read your 2nd (I don't need a reason to believe- belief is the only reason I need) and 4th(Read slowly... ) post from your blog.

    You are not alone. There are others who is going through/ has gone through the same thing as you do.

    You are not the only one who is asking and seeking for Him. You are not alone.

    You are not the only one who wants a Dad as what you had describe in your blog. I want it as bad as you do.

    May all our prayers be answered.
    Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like michell, no? with all the grammar mistakes? :P

    ReplyDelete